Problems with eclipse integration

Hi,

I’m currently evaluating VP-UML (Professional Edition) on my Mac (OSX 10.4, Java 1.5, Eclipse 3.2).

The installation of VP-UML went smoothly, and the stand-alone application seems to work fine. Following the user manual I also installed the Eclipse integration (in the eclipse directory), which also seemed to go fine. I experience, however, several problems in eclipse:

• Right-clicking on an existing (simple) Java project does not reveal any VP-UML menu items as it shows in the manual (creating a new Java project and then right-clicking does show VP-UML items).
  • For a new Java project, I could start-up de eclipse plugin version of VP-UML, and make a simple class diagram. Updating the eclipse project, however, blocked eclipse: CPU usage went to 100% for indefinite time, and a force-quit of eclipse was necessary. This problem is easily reproducable.

Any suggestions?

Starting from a reinstalled clean version of Eclipse + a few plugins (like mylar & pydev): the problem persists. New Java project -> new vpuml project -> creating a class diagram -> update eclipse -> JVM takes 100% of CPU time for indefinite time… (eclipse no longer responding)

The VP-UML standalone application seems to work fine, but the Eclipse integration completely fails.

Hello George,

Thank you for your post. Could you post here the vp.log file that you can find inside the Eclipse folder?

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hello George,

Thank you for your post. Could you post here the vp.log file that you can find inside the Eclipse folder?

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Hi Jick,

I sent you an email with the requested info.

Best regards,
George

Hi George,

I haven’t receive your Email. Would you mind telling me what is the subject of your Email?

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hi George,

I haven’t receive your Email. Would you mind telling me what is the subject of your Email?

Best regards,
Jick
[/quote]

The subject was “vp.log file”. I just resent the email. Let me know if it does not appear in your mailbox.

Best regards,
George

Hi George,

I just found your message from my private messages. We will perform some testings first, and then come back to you. Let’s keep in touch.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi George,

Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the problems you have. Here is our setting:
Mac OS 10.4.9, Eclipse 3.2, Java 1.5

For problem 1, could you send me a screen shot to show where you clicked, and how does the popup menu look like?

For problem 2, I think we better try the problem using the files that you are using. Could you zip and send me your Java project folder, so that we can open Eclipse and VP with your project, and try reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thanks for having a look at the problem. I sent you an email with some info.

Best regards,
George

[quote=Jick]Hi George,

Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the problems you have. Here is our setting:
Mac OS 10.4.9, Eclipse 3.2, Java 1.5

For problem 1, could you send me a screen shot to show where you clicked, and how does the popup menu look like?

For problem 2, I think we better try the problem using the files that you are using. Could you zip and send me your Java project folder, so that we can open Eclipse and VP with your project, and try reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Hi George,

I have sent you an email. Please reply me by with your attachment. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick