Processes & Sub-processes and requirements

Hello,

Would it be posible to extend Model assignent to inclde proceses and subprocesses ?

Kind regards, Artur

Hi arturK,

Do you mean Model in Requirement Diagram?

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

Yes, I meant Model element available on Requiremens Diagram. As we’re taling about requirements, do you have in plans support for business rules ? We currently use requirements stereotyped with business rule, however it is a workaround.

Kind regards, Artur

Hi arturK,

I will discuss this with our engineers.

Best regards,
Jick

Thank you, Jick. I look forward to hear from you.

Kind regards, Artur

Hi Artur,

This is now supported. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200707/Patch/sp2_20070704d/VP_Suite_Windows_3_0_sp2_20070704d.exe

Please overwrite your current installation.

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thank you for your quick response. I have just installed the patch and indeed I can currently use sub-processes to be assigned to Model. However I cannot use processes. Would it be a big problem to suport them ?

Regards, Artur

Hi Artur,

I thought that by “Process” you meant the Pool in BPD. Didn’t you mean Pool? We already supported Task and Sub-process, which are sometimes known as “Process”.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

The process, that I meant, is one of the attributes (named Process) of the Pool. The Pool, to me, is a “place” where the process is happening. So having a possibility to assign the process to the model could be in some cases more appropriate for “satisfy” relationship as it would emphasize what acivity will be responsible for carrying out the functionality represented by the requirement, not who does it.

What do you thik about this ?

Kind regards, Artur

Hi arturK,

Actually, Process is a property. Currently we just support reference to model but not property level. Since one process can only be contained by one pool, you can simply point to the Pool instead of the Process.

Finally, we would like to know your purpose of doing this. Let say, is it for report generation?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thank you for you anwer. The purpose is simple “purity” of the approach. Speaking more preisely, we are using the concept of business requirements, connecting processes with elements of the IT architecture. One of these elements are processes being implemented in BPM system (i.e. webMethods, BizTalk). Thus we’d like to have posibility to connect Requirement to modele element representing the process that would be then finaly designed in separate tool.

Regards, Artur

HI Artur,

We will support your need. Will contact you once the patch has been ready.

Best regards,
Jick

Thank you, Jick !

Regards, Artur

You are welcome! :smiley:

Hi Artur,

Your request has been supported. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200707/Patch/sp2_20070712u/VP_Suite_Windows_3_0_sp2_20070712u.exe

Please install it and overwrite the current installation. Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick

Thank you, Jick !

Regards, Artur

Thank you, Jick ! As always, I am really impressed with your response time. However…

I am trying to define the business rule (we use requirements for that purpose) - let’s say “The customer must to respond to the letter no longer that 14 days after it was send” - and wish to assign it to the Rule Intermediate Event - let’s say “Response time expired”. It is not possible, as Event cannot be assigned to Model (from requirements diagram).

May I ask … ? :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance, Artur

Hi Artur,

We will support model referencing in the release after the coming one (the "next, next release :wink: ". I believe that this will solve your problem. If we have any early access release that include this feature, I will inform you immediately.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thank you for your answer. I’ll be patient and wait for next-next release.

BTW, do you have in plans any support for OMG SVBR (http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/br_pm_spec_catalog.htm ) or any other direct support for business rules ?

Best regards, Artur

Hi Artur,

I regret that we do not support SBVR currently. But we are open to any suggestion. I’ll ask our team to perform some feasibility studies. Do you have any expectation about how we can support SBVR?

Best regards,
Jick