Project Publisher, some issues

I have done some experiment with the project publisher and I have some doubts.

Is it possible to EXCLUDE in the documentation all the elements that have no name?
I mean that the model is full of “:gateway” or “:start” or “:end” elements, that have no particular meaning. If I do not give any name to an element (gateway, event, sequence flow) I want to show it in the diagram but it is unuseful to generate any documantation.

Also: is it possible to hyperlink html/doc pages on activities or documents ?
Is it possible to SEARCH models/diagrams containing a particulare word or sentence (like “discussion cicle”)?

Best regard

Hi giancarlo,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Is it possible to EXCLUDE in the documentation all the elements that
have no name?

Certainly possible. We can add an option for this. But may I know whether you want to remove those pages for no-name models completely, or keep them accessible by clicking on the no-name shapes on diagram?

Sorry, but I do not quite understand. Would you mind providing more information?

Is it possible to SEARCH models/diagrams containing a particulare word
or sentence (like “discussion cicle”)?

I will forward your suggestion to our developers for further studies.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hi giancarlo,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Is it possible to EXCLUDE in the documentation all the elements that
have no name?

Certainly possible. We can add an option for this. But may I know whether you want to remove those pages for no-name models completely, or keep them accessible by clicking on the no-name shapes on diagram?

I believe that it is better to completely remove (first choise) or to remove if the element has is not associated any other documentation (like word document or comment/description).

My scenario is this:
a) The end-user of the documentation is not a developer but a business user.
b) This business user wants to understand and to navigate the process
c) If the user clicks a subprocess, it must drill down directly to the subprocess (currently the documention is open and you can drill-down clicking Open Diagram)
c) If an element has not any associated documentation, it is not useful to have it accessible

Sorry, but I do not quite understand. Would you mind providing more information?

Hyperlinking associated docs.
Scenario:
a) A file (word, html) is associated to an element (task, document, gateway, sequence,…) a document via Open Specification->Reference
b) The user selects the elements
c) the associated doc is open.
If you associate MANY docs, an html page showing a list of the docs is open and you can select one of this.

I tryed to use the tag into Documentation, but I was not able to have this tag active.

Is it possible to SEARCH models/diagrams containing a particulare word
or sentence (like “discussion cicle”)?

I will forward your suggestion to our developers for further studies.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Jick[/quote

The “funny” stuff is also the yuo can made some elements “unselectable” from VA but they continue to be selectable in the documentation…

Is this a bug or the intended behaviour?

Hi giancarlo,

Sorry for my late response.

About the “unselectable” behavior of diagram and publisher output. Actually it is not a bug. The unselectable option is for diagramming only. May I know your reason why you do not want the shapes to be selectable in published reports? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

I agree with Giancarlo about to delete the pools, etc because I want this great functionality but for my business users.

Also I have a problem, when I use the project publisher it doesn’t respect the flow from start to end of the diagram objects.
The project publisher do not have an option of Sort Element By?
Thanks
Ttyka