q:How to add operation from sequence diagram

Hi
I am evaluating the community edition of Visual Paradigm, and so far I find it very attractive. Anyway I think I am missing some important feature:

When I create a sequence diagram and add some messages to it, I would like to have these messages converted to operations in the classes in the class diagram.

Is that possible? How do you do it?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Torben Neesgaard

PS.: sorry for first posting this in the Suggestion forum - a mistake!

Dear Torben,

There is a way to do this:

1. In the sequence diagram, suppose there are two objects, ObjA and ObjB, and there is a message msg from ObjA to ObjB.

2. Right-click on ObjB and select “Select Class” from the popup menu to select a class for ObjB (or select “Create Class…” to create a new one).

3. Right-click on msg and select “Call” from the popup menu to make it a call message.

4. Right-click on msg again and select “Select Operation” -> “Create Operation…” (or select an existing operation in the class). After that, msg is associated with the operation.

Regards,

Antony.

Dear Antony

Thank you very much. This was exactly what I needed !!!

However, I need to ask a similar question for the state diagrams.

I created a state diagram from scratch (couldn’t create one from a class or object ?)

I found nowhere to specify that it was the ‘Ship’ class state diagram - so I wrote it into the name of the diagram.

Now I identifyed an action message in this diagram and I would like to create a method on the Ship class from this message. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!
and best regards

Torben

Dear Torben,

I cannot find something related to “action message” in the state diagram so I cannot answer the question. Can you tell me how do you define the action message? In open specification dialog box of state, or is it a standalone diagram element?

Regards,

Antony.

Dear Antony
I am not sure that there is a VP message type that syntacticly are called “action message”. I am just thinking of the concept of an action message, like

State 1: the ship is waiting

State 2: the ship is sailing

That message should discover a method on the ship class - am I right?
I guess that VPUML might let me do that - but how?

Best regards
Torben

Dear Torben,

I think in UML the closest notation of the message you said is Transition. But as a transition is not associated with any method of a class, so the kind of message you said is not supported in VP-UML.

Regards,

Antony.

Hi. Images are not loading.

Hi Anonymous,

Could you please explain a little bit about your problem?

Best Regards,
Jick

I want mp3 player. What will advise?

hi
Why I can not insert the image into my message?

HI user,

You can send the images as attachments.

Best Regards,
Jick