Question: Activity Diagrams, Task types

I just discovered that there are task types in the Business Process Diagrams, i searched the net trying to find info on this, couldn’t find it.
i think its a good idea to set types for the task but i have a few questions about the types you currently have.

1. Do the action that the types represent (service, receive, send, script, user, manual, reference) have a to do with the lane in the pool that contains them? for example, in the line “User”, the task “Post Comment” could have the send type, meaning that the user is “sending” a comment?
  2. What is the difference between the user and the manual types? could you give me a little example?

i appreciate the help that anyone could give me.
Thanks in advance.

Hi SalasE,

Thank you for your post. For your questions:

1. Do the action that the types represent (service, receive, send, script, user, manual, reference) have a to do with the lane in the pool that contains them?
    No, they do not have a to do with the lane in the pool that contains them.
  1. What is the difference between the user and the manual types? could you give me a little example?
    A User Task is a typical “workflow” task where a human performer performs the Task with the assistance of a software
    application and is scheduled through a task list manager of some sort.

A Manual Task is a Task that is expected to be performed without the aid of any business process execution engine or any
application. An example of this could be a telephone technician installing a telephone at a customer location.

I hope these can help. If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact me again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thank you very much for your answer, it’s been really helpfull.

Hi SalasE,

Thank you for replying, I’m glad that I can help. If you have any inquiries in the future, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong