Rational Rose mdl file to xmi standard

Hi all,

Is it possible to use the Visual Paradigm tool to import a Rational Rose .mdl file and then export it to an .xmi file ? For what I’ve read, is it possible to import Rational Rose projects, but as far as I’ve tried, I get a message of ‘corrupted file’ when trying to import a .mdl file.

What really interests me is to pass the information contained in a mdl file to an xmi one. Does anyone know how to do it, with or without Visual Paradigm?

Thanks a lot

C. Cervelló

Hi C. Cervelló,

May I have your .mdl file for testing? You can send to my personal email address at:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thanks a lot. It won’t be necessary, I’ve already done it.

C. Cervelló

how do you done it?
i’m with similar problem! how to convert mdl file to xmi?!? I need parser an activity diagram for extract a graph…
tks,
mano

[quote=Anonymous]Thanks a lot. It won’t be necessary, I’ve already done it.

C. Cervelló[/quote]

Hi mano,

Assuming you are using VP-UML, to import a Rose project:
Select File | Import | Rose Project… from the main menu

To export a VP-UML project into XMI:
Select File | Export | XMI… from the main menu

If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Jick

hi all,
i am using rational rose to create state chart diagram can anybody tell me how to save it in xml or xmi format…or to convert .mdl file to xmi or xml format,
thanks

Hi,

Install XMI add-in on the rose tool.
I guess this is a free tool, which u can download from net.
It worked for me.

Best Regards
Lakshmi

Hello,

I have some question regarding UML, please:

1. Is it possible to do a reverse engineering and translate a C++ file into UML file? I would like that in the resulting UML file there will be data about every method, if this is virtual or not.

2. How can I translate the resulting UML file into a XML file ? I know that xmi has a lot of limitation about the given UML file: it can’t parse a file with templates and with multiple inheritance. What software is recommended for this?

thanks a lot, Shira

Hi,

Could any one of you tell me as how to convert export the state chart diagrams drawn in Rational Rose Real Time to an XMI or XML format. I’m using Rational Rose Real Time version 7.0

Thanks and regards,
pavan.

Hi Paven,

Thanks for your post. May I know what you want to do after export Rational Rose Real Time to XMI/XML file?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Shira,

Thanks for your post and we are sorry about our late late reply. You can reverse C++ source by Instant Reverse in VP-UML/SDE Standard Edition or above, the reversed elements will be virtual automatically. You can get more details about Instant Revers for C++ from the following link:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/reversecode/instantreverse.jsp

And if you are using Standard Edition or above of Visual Studio .NET 2003 or Visual Studio 2005/2008, you can use SDE Professional Edition for Visual Studio (SDE PE-VS) which supports .NET round-trip engineering. More details of .NET round-trip engineering can be found from:
http://content.europe.visual-paradigm.com/media/documents/sde41vsug1/html/012_Java_Round_Trip_Engineering/012_Java_Round_Trip_Engineering.html

Also, you can export your diagrams to XML file. Please find details about export diagrams to XML file from the following link:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/interoperability/importexportxml.jsp

Hope these are helpful. Please feel free to ask if there is any further inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

hi frnds,
pls tel me how to write a parser for .mdl file of rational rose for separating the mutator,
accessor and other classified class attributes a
nd methods pls frnds do help me out.