Read Only

I am working on a group project, and if another member of my group saves the file and send it to me - when I open that file it will only open as (read only), I cannot edit any file that I, personally, did not create. Is there anyway around this? Anyway to open files not in read-only?

Thanks

The project file will not locked as read only if it is send by your colleague and you open it locally. I was wonder is it caused by you are using the Viewer Edition of our software, or using a different product/edition which not cover all the diagram types. May I know what is the type of the diagram which you can’t edit, and which of our product & edition you are using?

Best regards,
Rain Wong

ME TOO! i have the same problem! my friend is using the dataflow diagram. i’m using community edition. i am wondering why i can’t edit. zz :roll: :?

The data flow diagram is supported in Standard Edition or above. For any lower edition the diagram will become read only. You can purchase a full license ($US 299) or subscribe a monthly license ($US 15 per month) for editing the DFD (http://www.visual-paradigm.com/shop/vp.jsp). Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong