<<refine>> relationship on Requirements Diagram

Hello,

Is there any support planned for <> relationship connecting Model and Requirement ?

The relationship is defined within SysML spec as:

The refine requirement relationship can be used to describe how a model element or set of elements can be used to further refine a requirement. For example, a use case or activity diagram may be used to refine a text based functional requirement. Alternatively, it may be used to show how a text based requirement refines a model element. In this case,
some elaborated text could be used to refine a less fine grained model element.
” Page 158/282

Regards, Artur

Hello arturK,

Thanks for your post and the request. I already passed your message on to our development team . I will let you know once there is a reply from them.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello arturK,

We will have this in Service Pack 1.

Best regards,
Jick

refine.png

Hello Jick,

I am really impressed. Thank you for very quick response. If I may ask for one more thing…would it be possible to add possiblity of assigning BPMN business Task to Model.

Kind regards, Artur

Hello arturK,

It is our pleasure. Let me discuss with our developers first. Will come back to you a.s.a.p.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello arturK,

How are you? I would like to inform you that the Service Pack 1 of VP Suite 3.0 is released. It include the support of refine relationship. You can run the updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite installation folder to advance to the latest version.

Concerning the suggestion of making it possible to assign BPMN task to model, we will support this later on. Again,we will inform you once it is being supported.

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hello Jick,

I am fine, thanks. Hope you’re fine, too.

I have already downloaded SP1 and had opportunity to play with refine. It works perfect.

Regards, Artur

That’s great. Thank you so much for the request of supporting refine. :smiley:

Hello Jick,

How about the support fo the trace dependency ? Please see the following description from SysML documentaton:

A generic trace requirement relationship provides a general purpose relationship between a requirement and any other model element. The semantics of trace include no real constraints and therefore are quite weak. As a result, it is recommended that the trace relationship not be used in conjunction with the other requirements relationships described above.

Regards, Artur

Hello Artur,

Thanks for your reply. How are you? I guess we will support that. Let me discuss with our developers and come back to you. Thank you for your post.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Artur,

Two news for you:

1. We will support Trace Dependency. Thanks to your request.

2. The request of supporting the assignment of BPMN Task to requirement model is supported. Please run the product updater (inside VP Suite’s bin folder) to advance to the latest release that include this change.

Best regards,
Jick

Many thanks, Jick ! I do really appreciate the support you provide.

Kind regards, Artur