Relationship becomes nullable during transfer from logical to physical diagram

Hi all,

When I define a relationship 1 to 1 or more in my logical diagram, it becomes a nullable foreign key when I generate the physical model.

Is it a bug or is it something customisable ?

Best regards,
Sylvain

Dear Sylvain,

Thank you for your post. Currently, that nullable setting is not configurable. I will forward your post to our team to check if we can make false by default.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Dear Sylvain,

The behavior you described has been fixed. Form now on, when the cardinality is One or More, the FK being generated will be non Nullable. You can follow the page below to update your installation to the latest patch that contains the fix:

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us again if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Dear Jick,

Thank you very much !
However I am on mac os and I don’t see the update, should I do something else than the update ?

Best regards,
Sylvain

Dear Sylvain,

Yes, please follow the steps written in the page below:

(section: For Mac users:)

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hello Jick,

The update does not appear for me when I follow the steps. Could it be linked to the fact that I am using a trial version for testing ?

Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Do you mean the update window does not appear, or it appears but without the option to update to the latest patch build or else?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

The update appears but there is no update available. I am currently running version 16.2 build 20200904.

Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Did you click the Update to Latest Patch button?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Yes but the update does not appear, please find below the result:

Hi Sylvain,

We have just released a monthly hotfix several hours ago. Please try updating again. This time, instead of updating to the patch build, please perform a general update.

Please try.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung