Rename Class name during generation ERD

Can I rename Class name during generation ClassDiagram to ERD? For example, can I get entity name such as “MY_CLASS” from “MyClass” class name?
P.S. Oracle generate table from DDL-scripts in upper cases, therefore this question is appeared.

Hi Eugeny,

Thanks for your post. Please select Upper camel case for entity to class name at Tools > Options > ORM > Synchronization (see attached image). After that please synchronize the ERD to class diagram again.

By the way, besides upper camel case, you have many other choices for synchronization between class diagram and ERD.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

sync_entity_name_to_class_name.png

Thanks!
But I want to include in entity name other symbols. For example, “MyClass” -> “My_Class”: insert of the “_”. Can I hope that we will have this functionally in the future?

Hi Eugeny,

Sorry for my late response. I’ve passed your request to our engineers to study, and I’ll let you know if there is any news of this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks!

Hi Eugeny,

Sorry for my late response. We enhanced the name synchronization to support camel case to underscore (as shown as image), please run “VP Suite Update” to updating your software to latest patch (DB-VA 5.1 sp1_20091216q or later). For more details about updating to latest patch, please visit:

Feel free to contact me if there is anything else we can do to help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

camel_case_to_underscore.png

Thanks! It’s great!

Hi Eugeny,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

P.S. Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!