Report Engine Installation

When I choose Tools>Report>Writer a dialog box appears labelled “Report Engine Installation” which asks me to download the Report Engine.

I’m curerntly using Visual Paradigm for UML Professional Edition 4.0 (Build 20041218d) (Evaluation License). The box for Download from internet has the value “unknown” in it and I can’t find any documentation as to where to download this.

I am working on Mac OS X 10.3.7

Also I cannot get the IntelliJ integration to work as it asks for the IntelliJ folder, there is no IntelliJ folder on Mac OS X.

Kind regards
Neil Ellis

Hi Neil Ellis,

We are sorry that the Report Writer currently is only support in Windows and Linux platforms. For Mac OS X, please use the HTML/PDF report generation features.

We’ve just made a new build which fixed the IntelliJ integration problem on Mac. Would you mind send me your email address so that I can send you a direct link for download the new build?

Best regards,
Rain

Hi,

I installed the report engine. When I choose Writer, I get this message:

VP-UML SE will be locked while the Report writer is running. To re-activate VP-UML SE, please close the Report Writer.

I close the message window and nothing.

Any help?

I use VP-UML SE Evaluation copy.

Thanks

Jean

Hi Jean,

Could you please send me the vp.log file in the %VP-Suite_Installation_Directory%\bin directory so that we can investigate the problem? My email address is jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi,

I installed the report engine, but it doesn’t seem to work. I’m getting same message as did JeanV:

VP-UML SE will be locked while the Report writer is running. To re-activate VP-UML SE, please close the Report Writer.

These lines are written to the vp.log file:
[Mon Mar 14 14:06:12 EET 2005]: Start Visual Paradigm for UML Standard Edition [VP-UML SE]: 4.1 (20050204a)
aftershow

Thanks,

Jani

I managed to fix the problem by installing the report engine again.

Is it possible to translate texts with the report writer as you can translate them with the html report writer? If I want to update my report from the model (Report Writer), I have to translate everything again.

Hi Jani,

I regret that we do not support the translation of template for the Report Writer at this moment. But your suggestion is very good. We are now considering to include this feature later on.

If there are any other suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jick