Report with Transit Information for Requirement Tracking

I recorded requirements and business processes in Agilian.

I have linked certain requirements to Business Process tasks with the Model Transitor function.

How can I generate a report that shows these Transit relationships?

The Word generation facilitiy does not show Transit Relationships.

The Report Writer shows transit relationships, but one need to drag each individual item into the report, and it is easy to loose the scope then?

Hi Cschutte,

Thanks for your post. No matter you generate HTML, PDF or Word report, it will show the transition details for the models, as long as you have selected Properties under Details tab in generate report dialog (see image).

If you still cannot see transition details generated to the report, please let me know which build you are using (it can be found in About dialog).

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

details_properties.png

Thanks Lilian

It works fine.

A question: How can I get an Excel spreadsheet, with two columns:

Column 1: Requirement (lists all requirements in the database)
Column 2: Business Process, with heading “Satisfied by”

Is is not possible to do an Excel spreadsheet with this information? Ot altenatively, derive it from an XML output?

Regards

Hi Cschutte,

Thanks for your reply. About getting an Excel file, we do support exporting diagrams to Excel file (Requirement Diagram is covered), but I do not understand you mean in "Column 2: Business Process, with heading “Satisfied by” ", can you please explain more on this?

BTW, details of exporting requirement diagram to Excel can be found from the following link:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/ag/demos/interoperability/reqexcel.jsp

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Lilian

I need an Excel export with all the Requirement / Business Process Transit relationships in a single table:
- Column 1: Transit from (in my case, each Requirement in an Excel line)
- Column 2: Transit To (in my case, Business Processes related to the requirement in Column 1)

This will allow one to do simple requirement tracking, using the Transit from / to features in Agilian.

Regards

Corne

Hi Cschutte,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry that currently transition details is not generated in Excel file, I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up. If there is any news in this issue, I’ll come back to you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks Lilian

An aspect that distinguishes BPM suites such as Agilian from normal drawing tools such as Visio, is the fact that each Business Process diagram is a representation of business data, that is stored in the suite’s database. The usability of the software suite is thus severely limited if one cannot access this data in flexible ways.

Requirements tracking is such a fundamental aspect of many design processes, and adding the ability to properly report on this is not only useful, but in my opinion a mandatory requirement.

I hope you can add this quickly to an already very impressive tool.

Regards
Corne

Hi Corne,

Thanks for replying. I just got latest news on exporting transition details on Excel, please check your private message box.

If there is any further inquiry, please let me know!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Lilian

Thanks, I at last tested it tonight, and I can now export the Transit information!

Many thanks for your trouble!

Corne

Hi Corne,

That’s good! :smiley:
Feel free to contact us if there is anything we can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong