Report Writer Crashes

Hi,

for now many days, i have crashes with Report Writer. Some document are no longer updatable from model (report writer freeze with a 50% CPU), and for the document i created this day it makes OpenOdffice crash.

I really need to ouput documents for a meeting.

Please help me !

Best regards,

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your post and we are sorry for the problem. Could you please send me the vp.log file inside VPSuite/bin folder?
Also, does it crash with specific steps or when dragging specific template? Thanks in advance!

If there is any specific steps to repeat the problem, would you mind to send your project (and report templates, if any) to lilian@visual-paradigm.com for repeating the problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for sending the files to my email address, I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow up.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

it’s only on specific report that it crashes.

Some other reports work perfectly. I send you my vp.log file

best regards,

Arnaud

Report Writer.png

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying. I’ve passed the issue to our engineers to follow-up and I’ll let you know once there is any feedback on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Arnaud,

Our engineers checked your report and found the reason of crash - it cannot insert ParagraphBreak because Numbering of the “Heading 1 (VP)” is missing. I’m sorry that you need to re-generate the report contents to fix the problem.

We apologize for the problem and inconvenience caused by it.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

i have the same trouble with new report.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying. I had a simple test with your project file but did not find any problem with a new report. May I know your step-by-step procedures? Thanks!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

Well it appears that i cannot update any existing report that i have…

We are in a big trouble…

Best regards

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying. Is all your existing report missed numbering (see attached image)? If so, could you please try to re-generate the report content and see if the refresh problem can be solved?

If need, we can forward this issue to our online ticket system and have a meeting to help on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

missed_numbering.png

Hi,

What numbering style we must use ?

I created a new report this morning (just drag’n dropping element in it), but when i reopen-it i havent any numbering style in the paragraphe style for Heading 1 (VP).

What the trouble can be ?

Best regards,

Arnaud

Hi,

it seems the Heading 1, 2 and 3 (VP) in my report writer are corrupted.

When i insert one of them, there is non Numbering style…

A way to fix it ?

Best regard,

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

I missed your message and I’m so sorry for my later response! You can select the Numbering style that suit to your content.

May I know you created a new report for the same project (the one has problematic numbering in report), or you created new report for another/new project?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Arnaud,

By the way, would you mind to attach an image to show me where did you find the numbering style is missing? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong