Report Writer PDF Generator Options Greyed Out

Hi,

I went to use the Report Generator (PDF type) and all of the options on the Diagram tab are checked but greyed out and I cannot uncheck any of them.

I am using Agilian Standard v. 1.2 sp1_20080301

Can you help?

Thanks!

Robin

Hi robina,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind providing me some screenshots about the problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Here is a screen shot. Thank you for such a quick response!

agilian_reportwriter_screenshot.jpg

Hi robina,

Thanks for the screenshot. Can you tell me which operating system are you using?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Windows XP w/all updates.

Hi robina,

Thanks for replying. Would you mind providing us the theme setting you are using? This could help us to estimate solving this kind of problem. Thanks in advance!

BTW, please try to change to default look and feel in VP product (by selecting Tools > Options… > General > Appearance) to see if the problem can be solved. If it does not work after you have changed the look and feel setting in our tool, please try to change to default theme setting in Windows XP.

If there are any problems, please let me know.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I checked my Tool |Options | Appearance and it is set to default.

My theme setting is MN Wild (Go Wild!) which is just a templating system, I believe. I tried changing it to the classic XP and the check boxes were still greyed out.

I’ll keep trying any other suggestions you have.

Thanks.

Robin

Hi robina,

Thanks a lot for the trial. Could you tell me where did you download the theme setting?

Also, could you please have a try to change the VP look and feel to “Metal LookAndFeel” (Tools > Options… > General > Appearance)? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

metal.png

Hi Lilian, I switched to Metal LookAndFeel and the checkboxes were much more prominent. I finally figured out that you have to click on the label to the checkbox and not the checkbox directly (which is how I would expect to have a checkbox behave) in order to check/uncheck the item. I switched it back to Office 2003 LookAndFeel (Windows and did the same thing - clicking on the label to the checkbox instead of the actual checkbox and I was able to check/uncheck the item.

Result is user error here - however, I might suggest to any Agilian Staff Developers reading this that the ability to check the checkbox directly and not the label only would be helpful since that is typically how checkboxes behave.

Thank you for all of your help!
Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for replying. In fact, I use the original theme and have no problem on checking the checkboxes. You case should be an exceptional case.

Maybe we can have an online meeting to take a look at your problem. The online meeting will be held over a secure connection. I will be able to see your screen and may need to control it with your approval. What do you think? (If you can join the meeting, please tell when you will be available and what time zone are you in)

Best regards,
Lilian Wong