ReportWriter:ActivityDiagram - sortBy

Hi,
My work’s contest is the Activity Diagram and I want to write a list of children element sorting by “modelType”.

I want to ask if is it possible sorting by “modelType”.

My code is:

but the list isn’t sort.
If I put sortBy=“name” the resul is ok.

Thanks a lot

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry that currently sortType supports [name | type | level] only (level means sort by fullyQualifier name of the model). I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to support modelType , and I’ll keep you informed for any news on this issue.

BTW, may I know how do you know @sortBy, which cannot be found from any existing template?

• Please be reminded that sortBy only supports [name | type | level] (modelType will be supported, but it’s equivalent to type).

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi user,

I would like to let you know that we enhanced to support modelType in latest patch, please find the patch from the following link:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200901/Patch/sp1_20081230t/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp1_20081230t.exe

Should you have any inquiry, please let me know!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi lilian,
I know @sortBy becaouse I read this post

http://forums.visual-paradigm.com/posts/list/6139.html

I installed this version VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp1_20081230.exe, it’s ok for used sorBy=“modelType”?

My code is:

and It don’t work…

Thanks a lot

Hi user,

Thanks for replying. You need to install the latest patch (build 20081230t) I sent since we enhanced to support modelType in latest patch. You can simply install the patch over your existing VP Suite installation directory.

If there is any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thank Lilian!
Now, It’s work!

Hi user,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I want to generate a document with report writer and I want to order my element with the property “rank”. The element list must be order for high,medium,low,unspecified.

I know that sortBy only supports [name | type | level]
What do Level equivalent???
What can to set level property? (for example If I have a use case diagram)
If level is not equivalent rank, could you can add the property rank in the operator sortBy??

Thanks

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. As I mentioned on 2009/01/23 11:47

Thanks for your post. We are sorry that currently sortType supports [name | type | level] only (level means sort by fullyQualifier name of the model). I’ve forwarded the issue to…

level means sort by fullyQualifier name of the model. I’ve passed your issue to our engineers to follow-up, and I’ll inform you if there is any feedback.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
Sorry if I insist a little, But I’m waiting for the response of the engineers.

The ability to order the use case element with rank property, it is important for my work.

Thanks

Hi user,

Sorry for the delay. We changed @sortBy to accept value “property” (name|type|level|property), also added @sortProperty and @sortValues. If @sortValues is not defined in template, the value will be sorted in alphabetic order.

You can download the latest patch from the following link and the sample template attached. The image shows the is the result with the sample template. Hope these help.
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200903/Patch/sp2_20090212y/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090212y.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

show_rank.png
CreateIndexUseCase.xml

Thanks Lilian!
It’s ok!

Anna

Hi Anna,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I have a question for you:
Could I order the element with modelType and name togheter?

is this code correct??

Thanks

Hi Anna,

We are sorry that ordering elements with multiple parameters is not supported, I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

HI Anna,

Sorry for the delay. We enhanced to support multiple parameters for @sortBy [modelType|name|level], e.g.
sortBy=“modelType,name” descendingSort=“true” -> only modelType is listed descending
sortBy=“modelType,name” descendingSort=“false,true” -> ascending on modeltype, descending on name

Please download the latest patch from the following link for the enhancement:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200903/Patch/sp2_20090312p/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090312p.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian
The patch is ok!

Thanks, Anna

Hi Anna,

That’s great! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong