Requirements & Models

Hello,

I can’t assign Package or Subsystem to Model on requirement diagram.
Our methodolgy is harder to use, because in the stage of system architecture definition we divide system to subsystems and assign functional requirements to them. Of course we can add requirements as children, but using <> relationship is more natural.
The next step is adding classes to subsystems and assigning requirements to them. Sometimes we assign requirements to operations. It doesn’t work in VP too.
Could You add these functionalities to Requirement diagrams?

Regards,
Jacek

Hello Jacenty,

Thank you for yuor post.

Concerning the need of assigning Package and Subsystem to Model, I am discussing with our developers. Will get back to you a.s.a.p.

Concerning assigning requirements to classes, I think that you can achieve this through the use of tagged values. Please see the attached image.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jick

assigning-requirement-to-class.png

Hello Jick,

Thank you for quick response.
Assigning requirements to classes is not a problem. I can use Requirement diagram for it -> add Model to diagram, assign class to it, and establish <> relationships between model and requirements.

Regards,
Jacek

Hello Jacenty,

Great. By the way, I am glad to inform you that we will support assigning package and subsystem to Model in the coming build. Hopefully this will be available within today.

Best regards,
Jick

Wow!

Hello Jacenty,

Glad to let you know that the release that supports assigning package and subsystem to model is ready. Please run the product updater to advance to it.

Best regards,
Jick

assign-subsystem-and-system-to-model.png

Hi,

It is possible to know wich requirement is not satisfied yet?

Thank’s!

hi vinimp,

You may consider writing this in the documentation area, or using tagged values:

1. Right-click on the Requirement
  2. Select Open Specification from popup menu
  3. Switch to the Tagged Values tab

Best regards,
Jick