Requirements support at the business level

Current version of BP-VA does not support requirements which at the end disable tracing from business needs that processes require to use cases that “realize” this requirements. Is there any chance to equip your product with req support ?

Regards, Artur

Hi arturK,

Another user have similar opinion as yours. I have let our developers know about your need.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

Any news from developers ?

Regards, Artur

Hi arturK,

I suggest you try our new product - Agilian.

With Agilian, you can model with both the Requirement Diagram and the Business Process Diagram, you can add reference to diagram from models. Therefore, you can reference to a Requirement Diagram from a business model, and vice versa. I captured a movie to show you what I mean. Please watch at:
http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200612/Jick/referencing-requirement-diagram.htm

Hope this helps. May I know if this can solve your problem?

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

Thank you for your tip. However, don’t you think it would lead to a kind of inconsistency within a tool ? After intriducing <> relation between model and requirement, it is only a small step to allow to connect Task to Model (it would be fantastic if Actions form Activity Diagram are supported too) and the whole “enterprise” modeling techniques would be integrated within SysML. That would also speed up the development by using the same technique to the same kind of problem.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Artur