Reusing model elements

Hi,

When I drag a unit from an organization chart to an EPC or BPD, it creates as expected the corresponding links and views. But when I change my unit name it’s not changing everywhere I dragged (e.g. org chart vs BPD). when I inverse the handling: drag and drop a lane from BPD to organization chart it creates an auxiliary view but the program does not change the pools and lanes in the pink unit representation…
As a summary of my question: why is there a transit created and an auxiliary view (element reused) but it is not changing when I change de master view. because when I change the auxiliary view (e.g. the pool where I changed the role) in a new BPD it copies it with the new role even if the organization chart did not change.

What can I do, is this normal? I have the version 4.0 (Build sp1_20101031)

Thanks a lot for a fast answer,

Ben

hi Ben,

Thank you for your post. If I understand your need correctly you want us to create organization unit when dragging a pool element from to an organization chart. Am I correct? We will be supporting it. Once it is available, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Ben,

We now support dragging pool/lane to organization chart diagram to create organization unit. You can update to the latest patch release to have a try:

Hope this help. Feel free to contact me again if you have more needs.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung