Reverse code for C++ parsing error on keywords

Hi,

I am evaluating Visual Paradigm for UML and am testing out the C++ Round-Trip feature. I am simply trying to reverse a few files from our existing code base into VP. When I perform the reverse, a few of the class objects show up in the diagram, but a few files receive parsing errors on normal C/C++ keywords like “struct” and “template” class. Is this a bug or is there something I need to do in the options? I’ve looked through most of the options to no avail.

Here are the messages from the VP message window:
[11:19:13] [Error] Unable to read file: \…\state_machine.h. Parse error at line 97, column 17. Encountered: template
[11:19:13] [Error] Unable to read file: \…\state_machine_framework.h. Parse error at line 42, column 46. Encountered: sub_list
[11:19:13] [Error] Unable to read file: \…\state_machine_types.h. Parse error at line 223, column 9. Encountered: struct

Thanks.

Hi BrianB,

Thanks for your message. We are sorry that current C++ round-trip engineering feature is very basic and we do not support keywords “struct”, “sub_list”, and “template”. We will enhance C++ round-trip engineering to support these keywords.

If there are any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi BrianB,

I would like to notify you that ANSI C++ round-trip engineering will be enhanced in VP Suite 4.2 SP2 (coming release), and the keywords will be handled during reverse. The release candidate (RC) of VP Suite 4.2 SP2 is available for trying and I just sent you a private message with the link for RC.

Please feel free to try the VP Suite 4.2 SP2 RC and let me know if you have any question or problem.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong