Reverse JDK 11 & some errors

Hi to all, I followed this document:

But after 1 hour I receive many of these errors:

[Error] Fail to reverse Java source: java.base/java/lang/Class.java; Encountered “module” at line 29, column 18.

The import appears to be correct.

My VP version is 16.2, the JDK is 11 Adopt.

Thanks

Hi Borram,

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry about the problem. I have forwarded your case to our engineers to study. When there is any news, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

many thanks. I have some additional information. I increased the memory of the JVM (VP) to 4GB, it took 3 hours to import all the source classes, with the same messages.

Thanks.
Marino Borra

Hi Marino,

Thank you for your reply. First of all, I am glad to inform you that the problem with code reversal has been fixed. You can obtain the fix by updating to the latest patch build. For instruction, please read:

Do remember to click the button “Update to patch”.

About performance, because the code base is really large, it takes time for the engine to analyze the relationships and to perform a reversal. I suggest you try the “on-demand” option. This allows you to select the classes to be reversed instead of reversing the entire JDK at once. Please read step 5 in the article below:

Hope this helps. If there is any question, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

thanks for always prompt assistance. I applied the patch and will check as soon as possible. Ok for the performances, if you confirm me that 4GB are essential for the entire code base. Monitoring with VisualVM never get down below 3.5GB.

Thank you again. Best regards,
Marino Borra

Hi Marino,

I will share your finding with our engineers. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung