Running two versions of VPUML with single floating license server

I need to be able to run VPUML 6.1 and 6.2 with a single floating license server. The floating license key files that I received seem to be tied to a specific version of the product. I am trying to avoid a forced mass upgrade to the new version all at one time. Can a key file be set up to allow multiple version of the software to run without splitting the key (i.e. 5 for 6.1 and 5 for 6.2). I would like developers on different projects to be able to independently decide when a switchover is appropriate for their team. It would seem logical to me that if I have a valid 6.1 and a 6.2 license that the license server should not care whether I am running 2 6.1 versions and 8 6.2 version or any other combination as long as I do not exceed 10 licenses or try to run a version I am not licensed for. Maybe this can be done, but I have not been able to get this to work. Thanks for your help.

We are sorry that we do not support running 2 version of VP on the same license server. We will consider support this in the future.

In fact, we do not recommend this configuration since our project file is not backward compatible. Which means project created/saved by new version software will not be able to opened by the old version. It is recommended the whole team update the software at once to avoid the version conflict.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain Wong