Same model for different languages

Hello

I would like to know what are the possibilities offered by visual paradigm to generate different codes (in my case C# and AS) from the same class diagram. Especially regarding the datatypes and the classes inheritating from the system library (eg collections). How can I fix the different languages specificities?

Thanks

Hi Fraveau,

Thanks for your interest in our product. Our Instant Generator supports code generation for C# and AS, it is an one-off code engineering that everytime will overwrite all your code. Instant Generator covers generation for datatypes and class inheritance from system library.
More details of generating code for AS can be found at the link below (generating C# code is similar as that for AS):
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/generatecode/generateas.jsp

BTW, in SDE for Visual Studio (SDE-VS) Professional Edition or above, round-trip engineering for .NET (C#) is supported. There is not round-trip engineering for AS.
Details of .NET round-trip engineering can be found at http://content.europe.visual-paradigm.com/media/documents/sde41vsug1/html/012_Java_Round_Trip_Engineering/012_Java_Round_Trip_Engineering.html

Could you please explain your meaning of “How can I fix the different languages specificities”? Thanks!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I know VP supports code generation for both C# and AS and that’s why I’m interested in it :slight_smile:

But My question is: what about the language specificities if I generate both languages from the very same model? For exemple, a given class of my model “mycollection” inheritating from system.collection.collectionbase in C# and from mx.collection.listcollectionview in AS.

I know VP supports code generation for both C# and AS and that’s why I’m interested in it :slight_smile:

My question is: what about the language specificities if I generate both languages from the very same model? For exemple, a given class of my model “mycollection” inheritating from system.collection.collectionbase in C# and from mx.collection.listcollectionview in AS.

Thanks

Hi Fraveau,

Thanks for replying. In our current design, the generated code of the subclass will extend to both superclass even generate with different languages. You can take a look at the example in the image below.

If there is any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

example.png