Sample file for BP-VA

i’ve tested the Overview Diagram project in Samples folder. I’m on Mac OS X 10.4 + Java 1.5 Release 4 Developer Preview 7

• open with VP-UML, it’s ok. open successfully.
  • open with BP-VA, it told me this is the old format. after convert, nothing display. No diagram.

so, not sure about any in compatibility?

BTW, as I’ve seen in VP-UML, Bussiness process diagram, Overview Diagram can create in VP-UML too. What’s the benefit to have BP-VA separately?

Hi Jedt3D,

Thank you for the post. Let me answer your questions one by one.

• open with VP-UML, it’s ok. open successfully.
  • open with BP-VA, it told me this is the old format. after convert, nothing display. No diagram.

so, not sure about any in compatibility?

This is because the diagram types of the diagram inside the sample project are not available in BP-VA. You may notice there are 2 diagrams - a class diagram and a use case diagram. Since both of them are not available in BP-VA, so the diagrams cannot be shown.

BTW, as I’ve seen in VP-UML, Bussiness process diagram, Overview Diagram can create in VP-UML too. What’s the benefit to have BP-VA separately?

To a certain extent you are right. The business process modeling features supported in BP-VA are available in the Enterprise Edition of VP-UML. However, editions lower than ‘Enterprise’ do not have support for business modeling. Therefore if you do not require UML modeling features, you may consider to use the BP-VA, which has a lower price than the Enterprise Edition of VP-UML.

Best Regards,
Jick