SDE 3.2(20060304a) freezes in VS2005

Hello.
When I’m trying to edit some entity (by example, name of class) SDE and VS frezes and do not responses any keyboard and mouse actions. But VP Suite 2.2 works fine. How can I solve this problem?

VS2005 Professional
SDE 3.2(20060304a)
JDK 5.0

Hi user,

I am very sorry for this problem.

Is the problem repeatable? If yes, could you please show me the steps? Besides, have you installed the beta version of VS .NET 2005 before?

Best Regards,
Jick

Yes, the problem on former remained.
For instance, I do following:

1. Start SDE through shortcut.
  2. Open my existing solution.
  3. Right click on a project “DataSetMerging” in solution and select “Open SDE-VS” menu item.
  4. Then, I go to Model window and right click on the “DataSetMerging” node.
  5. Select Add Model\Package item in popup menu. New package “Package” appears in Model window
  6. Right click on new package and select Open Package Specification… menu item.
  7. Then, when “Name” edit box in focus and I press any key (including Ctrl , Shift etc) but not mouse keys, “Package Specifictaion” dialog freezes and VS freezes too. And I can terminate this one only by Task Manager.

I has been tryed on diffrent computers, with VS2005 installed on clear OS and after VS2005 beta2. Everywhere this problem repeats.
vp.log

Hi user,

Thanks for your reply. I tried in my machine with Beta2 but failed to repeat the problem. I have just passed your case on to our engineers for further testing. Once there is any progress, I will post here.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi user,

We checked that the problem of freezes in VS .NET could be caused by other running applications. Could you please try killing other applications when VS .NET freezes again to see if it can help? If you found any application that causes VS .NET to freeze, please let me know. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jick

I found one program that causes VS freeze - ABBYY Lingvo (I have version 10.0). This is multilanguage dictionary that registers its own global windows event hook… Maybe this feature causes VS.NET freeze?..

Hi AlexanderSvyazin,

Thanks for reporting. I have passed your finding on to our development team for further investigation.

Best Regards,
Jick

Dear AlexanderSvyazin,

Could you provide me with the name of the .exe? Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thank you. The problem was in this exactly (I have version 6.0). After unloading Lingvo all have worked fine.

Hi user,

Could you please let me know the name of the .exe?

Best Regards,
Jick

I don’t remember name exactly… What name are you interested in? Lingvo? They install lingvolauncher in auto-start and this tool makes VS SDE freeze.

Hi,

Actually I am interested in knowing the process name of Lingvo.

Jick

Well, I don’t remember exact name but I believe that it must be lingvo.exe or maybe lingvolauncher.exe or maybe just launcher.exe… Now I have uninstalled this program because I don’t really need it :slight_smile: And how it’s name may help you? :slight_smile: If you have Lingvo-distr just install it, if you don’t have it…

Hi AlexanderSvyazin,

Thank you for your posts. We will install Lingvo and test with it. The process name is helpful for us to identify the problem with users by checking whether the Lingvo process is running.

Best Regards,
Jick