SDE 4.2 SP1 for Eclipse hangs when started

Hello,

I have installed the no install version of SDE 4.2 SP1 PE-EC (sp1_20080417). Currently the tool hangs the Eclipse IDE when it is started. This happens whether the tool is launched from the Eclipse ‘Model’ menu or if the ‘SDE 4.2 for Eclipse.exe’ is used. The SDE splash screen will display and indicate ‘Initializing SDE PE-EC…’ but it will never fully load.

I am using Eclipse 3.2 on Windows XP SP2. I am using the following eclipse plugins - Bea Workshop and ClearCase. I have attached the vp.log, eclipse configuration details and error log.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Daniel
Eclipse Configuration Details and Eclipse Error Log.txt
Eclipse Dialog.bmp
vp.log

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your post and the details. The problem maybe caused by your plugins installed in the Eclipse, which probably collide with our product. please try to install VP product in a clean Eclipse to see if the problem still exists.

If there are any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I am certain that SDE is broken when installed into an eclipse environment with other plugins, that is why I mentioned it.

Our dept had the same problem when we first purchased our licenses in the fall of 2006. The problem went away with a newer version. Now it has reappeared with 4.2 SP1.

Is it a requirement that SDE be installed into an eclipse installation that has no other plugins in order to operate properly?

Our dept needs SDE to interoperate with other plugins.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for replying. You have submitted a ticket with this issue as well, is it? If yes, let’s continued in the ticket as our engineers are investigating the problem.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong