SDE blocks Visual Studio

Hello

I have VP 3.4 SP2 suite installed with SDE. I tried several projects, and was fine until my project has grown up, and now I cant open it. First I open .sln file in VS and then in Tools option select Start SDE, it was all OK for some time, but now VS just stalls and there is message Microsoft Visual Studio is waiting for internal operation to complete…blah…blah…

I spent several days working on this project, and now I cant opet it anymore. When try to open .vpp file in Visual Paradigm it is OK. I can see everything I’ve done, class diagrams, ERD etc… but SDE just screws VS2005 when try to open that project…

Please help

I solved the problem. There were too many classes in my vpp project, come from reversing some assemblies, and SDE VS just couldnt process them while open .vpp file. I opened .vpp project with Visual Paradigm and removed all unused classes, so it reduced .vpp file size, after than SDE start normally.

One question more, why are some taks in SDE so slow, for example it needs a lot of time until code generator is launched, as I see java.exe spend whole processor power during launching code generator. I have Intel quad core on 2.4GHz, and still some processes in SDE are difficult for running. Can it be optimised?

Hi Zilot,

Thanks for your posts. There is lazy loading when a project is opened, which means time will be saved when opening project.

Could you please tell me how long Visual Paradigm for UML (VP-UML) took to open your project file?
Also, would you mind to send me our Visual Studio project for investigation of the problem you experienced? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

In short time, it is not critical.

This is my project file, you can downloat it from here

http://rapidshare.com/files/235103887/DataLogger.rar

Hi Zilot,

Thanks for your message. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Zilot,

I would like to let you know that we fixed the problem of required lot of time to run task (e.g. open dialog of Instant Generator). Please download the patch in the following link to see if your problem can be solved:

http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200905/Patch/20090525a/VP_Suite_Windows_4_0_20090525a.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong