SDE-EC fails to load help after update to sp1

Hello,

I originally installed SDE-EC in December 06. I installed the help file, by automatic downloaded after the original installation and it worked as expected.

Since the original install I have performed a few updates by running “VP Suite Update.exe”, all went as expected without error.

Today I installed the VP Suite sp1 update. This worked as expected, no errors, but the SDE-EC help contents does not open from the help menu after the update.

There is no error, no entry in the Eclipse error log and the help window does not open.

Eclipse help works as expected, it’s just the SDE-EC Help Contents choice on the Help menu that does nothing.

C:\Program Files\VP Suite 3.0\bin\vp.log has not been updated since 12/15/06
C:\Program Files\VP Suite 3.0\bin\vpupdate.log was updated, but I don’t see any entries about help files.

I am running on Windows XP sp2.

Any ideas on how I might correct this and update the help file to the latest version??

Regards,

-Glen

Hello Glen,

Sorry about the problem. Our engineers are now fixing the problem. Once this is fixed, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Glen,

The problem is fixed. Please follow the steps below to redownload the help file:

1. Close SDE-EC and Eclipse
  2. Delete $eclipse-dir\plugins\com.vp.sde.eclipse\javasde-help.jar
  3. Start Eclipse
  4. Start SDE-EC
  5. Try to open the Help. It asks you to download it,
  6. Download it from the Internet
  7. Close SDE-EC and Eclipse
  8. Restart Eclipse and then SDE-EC

This should solve the problem. Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick

Problem solved,

Thank you Jick

-Glen

Hello Glen,

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick