SDE VS and casts in C#

Hi,

we are evaluating SDE VS 3.2 (Build sp2_20060611).

it looks nice, but there are some features not working:
implicit and explicit casts like

public class Class1{
  int something;
  public static implicit operator int(Class1 c) { return something; }
}

code -> model works, model -> code sync fails because of “invalid operation identifier”.

The program stalls when clicking “…” in .Net instant Reverse

We also need full .net 2 support. At the moment it is impossible for us to open our existing code in SDE.
There was .net 2 support announced for a feature version in a previous post to this forum.
What do you think when that version will be available?
Will it be able to handle any c# code, or will there still be exceptions?

Greetings,
Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

About the problem of unable to handle implicit and explicit casts, I have notified our engineers about this. Once there is any progress, I will post here.

The program stalls when clicking “…” in .Net instant Reverse

Can this problem be repeated regularly? Which language did you attempt to reverse? Any steps to repeat this problem? I tried with … buttons in all languages, but nothing seems strange.

We also need full .net 2 support.

Sorry for the delay. Actually, this is already under development. We expect this will become available in September this year.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Bernhard,

I am sorry that due to certain limitation from VS, we cannot handle implicit and explicit cast. But there was a bug which caused a portion of code unable to be updated from model when the code exist implicit or explicit castings. This is now fixed and deployed as a hotfix, you may download it at:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200606/Hotfix/20060626d/vpplatform.jar

If there are any questions about the fix, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Bernhard,

The minor release ‘build_20060707’ is ready. Please run the updater (inside $vp-suite-install-dir/bin) to advance from the hotfix release to this build.

Best Regards,
Jick