is there any way to get an unattended / silent way of installation? The “Visual Paradigm for UML with no-Install” still needs a lot of Mouse-clicks, that is not unattended.
How can I choose product and edition from commandline?
It is possible to choose the targetdir, why not the edition?
PS: I tried it with:
\V_Para_6.2\CD\Application\VP_Suite_Windows_3_2.exe -q -overwrite -dir c:\Programme\VPM_Standard
Thank you for your post. You can follow the steps below to run the slient installation.
- put the attached file “install_config.xml” in the same folder of the installer file.
- edit the “install_config.xml” (edit as install=“true” for the node with id=“vpuml”, edit as install=“false” for other products you do not want to install)
- make sure the edition of VP-UML is correct
- open the command prompt and execute
%VP_Suite_Installer.exe% -q -dir %INSTALLATION_LOCATION%
After that it will perform the slient installation. You can check the suite_installer.log file about the progress of the installation. Once the installation has been completed, it will print out “[Installation Completed]” to the log file. I hope this can help.
Thank You for this helpful Information.
One Item is important:
The installer wants to create some log-files in the source-directory - this is not everywhere possible…
A real silent installation was only possible after copying the sourcefile into a temp directory.
I would like to notify you that the problem of silent installation is fixed and deployed. Please download and try the patch in the following link.
To use the patch:
- Exit any running instance of VP
- Install by overwriting the current installation
- Restart the product.
Note: This patch is made for VP Suite 3.2 SP1 (VP-UML 6.2 SP1). Please make sure you have a valid product license. Otherwise you won’t be able to start up the product after the installation.
If you need any help, please feel free to contact me again.