Slow performance on Win11, i5 when building a roadmap

Hi there.

My company is thinking about using VP so I downloaded the trial and I’m running it on my laptop.

So far I like VP, but I’ve noticed that when connected to my external 4K display via HDMI that it’s quite slow to respond. It doesn’t seem to be consuming much in the way of CPU/Memory/Disk/Network/GPU according to Task Manager, so I’m wondering if there’s something else going on, or if there’s something else I can do to speed it up.

When selecting a shape it takes a solid 2-3 seconds before it appears as selected. Roughly the same timing for trying to move objects around.

Hi Shaun Anderson,

Thank you for your post and we are sorry about the problem that you encountered during the evaluation. If you don’t mind, I would like to ask a few questions that can help us know more about the problem.

First, does the problem occur only when connected to the external 4K display? Second, is it slow only when editing a roadmap? Thirdly, by “roadmap”, I believe that you are referring to the feature as shown on the page below, am I correct? Finally, is your project big and are you able to repeat the problem in a new project?
https://www.visual-paradigm.com/features/roadmap-tool/

Thank you again for letting us know about the problem sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thanks for getting back to me.

It would appear that it wasn’t the display, it seems that if my memory usage (I’m getting used to 16GB on this corporate machine…) is high then things seem to slow down.

I rebooted and didn’t start my web browser and things were fine, but opening up the browser (and reloading the many tabs that were open when I closed the browser) things start to slow down quite a bit.

It could be the 4K display + the memory usage competition from the browser, but it’s not the 4K display on it’s own.

I don’t think the project was all that big (it was a high level road-map with about 50 rows), and yes, that was the diagram type I was using.

Hi Shaun Anderson,

Sorry for my late reply. Would you mind sending us your log file for checking? You can export it from the About window (Help > About), and upload the file to here:

https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/r4fZXTy0aw2TDCJ
Password: D78WW768Puuj7pvj

Note: Only Visual Paradigm staff has the right to access your file.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung