Small model gets huge when adding overview diagram

Hi,

I have a 280k model, with 10 diagrams (7 use case, 2 activities, 1 class), 23 use cases, 10 activities, 31 actions, 31 actors.

I added an overview diagram including 2 existing use cases and my existing 2 activities diagrams. From that point, my model blew up to 1400k and every load or save operation lasted for several minutes. Processor usage topped at 100% and switching from one diagram to another took between 30 seconds and 1 minute. Removing the overview diagram got me back to normal.

Did anybody else experimented this situation? Should it be reported as a bug?

I use a P4 1.6 GHz with 256 Mo RAM. No other application was opened while using VPUML SE.

Thanks

Jean

Dear Jean,

Thank you for your information. We have noticed about this problem, and we are working on it to optimize the overview diagrams performance.

Regards,

Antony.

Any news on this?

I am bouncing on the same problem.

Dear Jean,

The fix for this problem is now in the testing stage. This will be released very soon. I’ll notify you once the fix is available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this problem caused you.

Best regards,
Rain

Dear Jean,

Sorry for replying you late. I would like to tell you that the lastest release could fix your problem. Please take a note that VP-UML will cache all opened diagrams when saving. If you experiment long saving time, please try to close the opened diagrams before save. Thank you.

Best regards,
Visanna