Snap to Grid and similar features

In Modeler, I’ve got some diagrams where items (activities, events, gateways, sequence flows etc.) seem to snap to a grid, and others where they just go where I put them. Also when I move some items (e.g. activities) other items (e.g. attached sequence flows) seem to move with them, and other times not. Are these features documented somewhere? I need to understand them so I can learn to create neatly laid out diagrams quickly.

What is it that determines whether items snap to grid or not? Why does this happen on some of my diagrams but not on others?

Thanks - Rowan

Hi Rowan,

First, to turn on/off the Snap To Grid, please right click on the background of diagram and select/de-select Presentation Options > Grid > Snap to Grid from the popup menu.

As long as snap to grid is on, all elements on diagram will snap to grid, except the event shape that attach to an activity/sub-process.

Hope this help.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thanks for pointing that out. Snap-to-grid must have got turned off somehow in one of my diagrams. It’s much better now!

Rowan

You are welcome. Feel free to post again if you have any questions. :slight_smile: