Some problems with Animacian and Inclusive Gateway

Hi!

See this picture. Animacian doesn’t synchronize tokens when an Inclusive Gateway is used as a Merge if taken paths don’t have the same length (number of objects in the path). Also Animacian should allow the situation of both conditions being evaluated to TRUE according to BPMN Spec 1.2.

Regards,

Patrick

InclusiveGatewayMergingSequenceFlow.png

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your post. Our engineers is follow-up this issue and the bug fix will be available in BP-VA 3.2 (planned to be released in January 2010). I’ll keep you posted with any further news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Patrick,

I would like to let you know that we fixed this problem in BP-VA 3.1 (you don’t need to wait for BP-VA 3.2), please update to latest patch (20091028e or later) for the fix. More details about latest patch can be found from:

Please let me know if there is anything we can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian!

Great work! The fix gives correct paths! Thanks!

Now the only thing remaining is the token leaving the second Inclusive Gateway: it must be only one token flowing out and we still see two tokens flowing out the second Inclusive Gateway when 2 paths are taken, tokens must be synchronized at the second Inclusive Gateway and become one token (it should be the same behavior as multiple paths joining into an Exclusive Gateway).

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for replying. Our engineers are investigating the tokens synchronization issue, and I’ll keep you posted for any news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Patrick,

Our engineers are still investigate the possibility to synchronization of token flows on second Inclusive Gateway (it’s not simple to support).
And I would like to take this chance to let you know that we will support user-defined path in Animacian in coming BP-VA 3.2 (on January 2010) so you can define the flows on your own. I’ll keep you posted for any further news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian!
It seems the most recent patch (20091118s) fixes those problems. Good work!
Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Yes, the latest patch solved the problem (I’m sorry that I forgot to come back to forum to notify you). Feel free to ask if there is any question again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong