Spring Framework, Hibernate

I’m currently evaluating Spring Framework and Hibernate as my choice of next projects.

• As I read from this forum, Hibernate technology is built in in VP-DA fo OR mapping, isn’t it?

• Can I integrate Spring framework with VP-UML / SDE ? Any special benefit for using Spring with these tools? Or if I should not, any kind of framework that you, other users suggest to work with Visual - Paradigm software very well.

I’m a little bit new to VP, Java framework, and UML. Just want to make sure that I can choose the right framework/design tool.

thank you very much. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Jedt,

Thank you for the post.

• As I read from this forum, Hibernate technology is built in in VP-DA fo OR mapping, isn’t it?

Our persistence layer is built on top of Hibernate. It adds some features for supporting advanced object to relational mapping. In addition, our code generation engine can generate Java classes and class to table mapping file based on the class diagram and entity relationship diagram.

• Can I integrate Spring framework with VP-UML / SDE ? Any special benefit for using Spring with these tools? Or if I should not, any kind of framework that you, other users suggest to work with Visual - Paradigm software very well.

The ORM code generated from DB-VA can integrate with the Spring Framework. However, our design tool does not generate Spring Framework code currently.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thank you very much

The ORM code generated from DB-VA can integrate with the Spring Framework. However, our design tool does not generate Spring Framework code currently.

Well, can you suggest a frame work that work smoothly with VP suite? Should I use J2EE + EJB? Or Strut?

Hi Jedt,

We can work with Spring smoothly, and we will support EJB 3 not later then July.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thank you Jick.

That’s make me feel good. As I’ve read and test other framework but satisfied with Spring, that’s should help me a lot.

I’ll try to examine the tool for a while and end up with the VP Suite.

:-o

Hi Jedt,

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Just feel free to post again if there are any questions.

Best Regards,
Jick

hi,

I tried the hook spring with code generated from VP.

I am not sure how the spring will manage session instead of PeristantManager that you provide?

Do you have any sample or reference which will show how to configure applicationContext.xml of spring to use your Persistent manager.

Regards