Suspend grid while dragging

Unless I’m missing it, I don’t seem to be able to find a key combination to suspend the snap to grid feature when dragging objects. Most visual modeling programs allow the user to suspend the snap to grid feature when dragging when a certain key is depressed. Usually “Shift” or “Command.” I’ve tried just about every key combination with no luck. Is there one? Am I missing it?

Hello Navywings,

You can turn off the snap to grid by right click on the blank area of the diagram, then select Open Specification > Grid Setting, and uncheck the Snap to grid. Feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain,

What you suggested would turn the “snap to grid” option off for the entire diagram. Any and all dragging operations carried out after that will not snap to grid. navywings, on the other hand, is asking if there’s a way to override the “snap to grid” option only for a single drag operation while an override key (say, Shift) is pressed.

I believe this will be a useful minor feature to add to the product. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Ehsanullah