SysML::Activities::ControlFlow in VP

Hi,

I want to use SysML ControlFlow notation in my Activity Diagrams.
How to turn this on in VP?

Best,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your inquiry. Here is an animation to show you how to create an action with a control flow:

2021-07-05_11-51-04

You can also find the Control Flow tool from the toolbar.on the left.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

Thanks for the reply.

1. I know how to make a control flow connection. As you can see in the example the control flow is a solid line. SysML introduced an optional notation where control flow is shown with a dashed line (from sysml specification):

2. I will also extend my question - i don’t see also SysML stereotypes i.e. stakeholder for a block classifier:

For sure I can always create a stereotype that I need in a profile diagram, but I thought that VP would be SysML compliant.

3. Also how to add a SysML diagram border. I also know that I can add this:

but the tool should automatically fill it as specified in SysML:
diagramKind [modelElementType] modelElementName [diagramName].

Best,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your post. I have forwarded your reply to our development team for further studying. When there is any news, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi,

Kind reminder.

Best,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your reminder. I have asked our engineers to review your case. When there is any reply, I will share with you.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Pawel,

Regarding to your questions:

• Dashed line control flow: You can right click on the blank area of the diagram and select Presentation Options > Control Flow Display Options > Dashed Line to switch it to dashed line mode.

• Stakeholder: I’m sorry that currently this is not yet supported. I’m sorry about this limitation.

• Frame: according to your screenshot it is a Diagram Overview element which the fame is only for showing the name of the diagram (generic feature to all of our diagrams, not specific for SysML). Do you mean when it is associate to a SysML Diagram then the frame header should show as in the header of the associated SysML diagram?

Feel free to contact me for any questions and look forward to talk to you.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Dear Rain,

Thanks for the reply.

Ad bullet 1 - OK.
Ad bullet 2 - I am missing a clear information what is supported and what is not.
Ad bullet 3 - Yes I refer to the SysML diagram frame. This is implemented in VPP in bdd, ibd and par diagrams as I believe.
What I am looking is the same for acitivty diagram and also for using activity parameter nodes for the diagram frame (It can be done as the upper example, but I would like to do it like it’s done in SysML):
act
Different example from internet:
activity-parameter-nodes-in-activity-diagram

Best,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your reply. Our team is reviewing your feedback. I will keep you posted on any updates.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung