Text box copy problem(v6.0)

Hello,

There are some problems with copied elements(VP-UML v6.0 sp1_20070420). At this moment I will write two of them about text box, because they are easy to repeat and maybe if they will be fixed, then other problems also disappear.

1)Copied JPG and EMF is bigger than needed. The simplest way to repeat this is create text box in bottom left corner and copy it(the element) through JPG or EMF. After pasting the result, you will see that image has empty space, because it is the same size as I would copy whole diagram from left corner(but should be just that selected element).
The real problem for this is that if I have a construction that has text box in the left side, then the result image has diagram size, not the selection size(this is sometimes harder to repeat, but if you need this situation, let me know, I just hope that the given clue with just one text box will help to solve whole problem).

2)Elements that are copied from one project to another looses formatting. The simplest way to repeat that is by creating text box whose text is formatted - text size, text color etc. Then with function ‘copy within VP-UML’ and pasting into new project, all formatting is lost.
This problem is also with some other elements, like role name on association end looses the text size formatting.

Hello JSejans,

Thank you for reporting the problems. Both of them can be repeated. The first one will be fixed very soon, while the second one may take some time. I will inform you immediately once the problem is fixed.

Best regards,
Jick

Thank you for good support!

My pleasure :smiley:

Hello JSejans,

The problem of incorrect size for the copied content is fixed. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200705/Patch/sp1_20070420w/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Replace $vp-suite-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Run $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite.exe to install the patch
  4. Restart the application

Note:

1. If you are going to download with Internet Explorer, you may need to rename the file from .zip to .jar manually
  2. Please do not run Product Update after applying the patch. Otherwise the update will replace the patch with the previous version (I will inform you to run the update when the next release is ready)

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hello JSejans,

Service Pack 2 is released. Since you were asked to use a patch, I would like to suggest you upgrade to the latest version, which is more stable than the patch.

To upgrade, please run the product updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite installation directory.

You may want to know more about the new and enhanced feature in Service Pack 2:
http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite3.0sp2

Please feel free to let me know if you need any help.

Best regards,
Jick