Time constraints Timing Diagram

i have some time constraints in my timing diagram wich give the interval in which one state change to another. For example, i have a push button that either turns on my system or it puts it off. Once i have activated the button my system being pre-stopped it will be running in at most 1 sec. This constraint {<1s} specifies the interval of state’s change from stop to running of my system. Is it of type time constraint? And How can I model this constraint in the transitions between states ? Time constraints in one life line in visual paradigm give time unit and expression to put . If i choose the time unit and put my time constraint in the expression , how it can describes that my time constraint is about the transition . For the first time i want to design timing diagram. thank you for your help.

If you want to model “Click Button” then change state.
You can use Stimuli’s Expression.
Screenshot1

Does Duration Constraint fit your {< 1s} purpose?

Besides, you may take a look below page for more related information.

Hope it help.

I want to explain the example concretely:
my system is a speed regulator. The TurnOnOffRegSys signal is used to turn on or off the speed Regulator and the RunStopRegulation signal enables the control process to be started or stopped. In the specification, the system requires that the speed regulation system’s turning On/Off action must be performed in less than 1 s after an action on the pushbutton. The speed control must start no later than 0.5 s after the activation request of the regulation.
I want to model this time constraint in the transitions as it contraints the time between initial state and the next state.
I have other constrains like these that are not related to a stimulus button. Also I used relative time as a time unit, That’s why I want the constraint to be modeled clearly on the diagram.
for the constraints I used time constraints through Edit Lifeline but I wonder if this is correct .

i know that the duration constraint is the duration that takes one state to be maintained. for example the time constraint i have is about the interval that takes the state to be changed. i’m waiting for your help .

Using duration constraint is the correct way.

Thank you for your reply . I think it can be a duration constraint . However in your figure the constraint {<1s} should begin from 0 to 1 time units as it expresses the transition between “off” and “on” state so to change from “off” to “on” state , the state “off” lasts {<1s}. The same for the constraint {<0.5s} ,it should begin from 1 to 2 time units.
In my first figure i designed the constraints as time constraints (in edit lifeline tab) to express the time in the transition between the two states and i put the constraint at the point of the transition .I think that time constraint and duration constraint are solutions to my case study. But, i didn’t find yet an example using the time constraint at the level of edit lifeline.

So , is there an example describing how to use time constraint at the level of edit lifeline to see how to exploit it in any cases and to know it fits my case study or no . Wait for your help.

Hi Rahma,

Here is a example of using Time Constraints.

Best Regards,

Roy.