Troubles with n-ary associations

I have some troubles when drawing n-ary associations.

• First, the link between the diamond and one the associated classes, VP seems handle it like a common association, it works like an association between the diamond and each class associated, it takes the diamond like if it was a class, but it is a relationship.

• Second, the name of the relationship should appear near the diamond, not into the diamond, like VP does.

• Finally, it should be possible to have an n-ary association class, i mean an association class hanging the diamond, and it seems to be impossible too with VP. It is only possible to hang an association class from a (false) association between one of the associated classes and the diamon, but this is not UML.

I dont know if I dont know the way to draw n-ary associations in VP, or if it is VP’s fault. I suspect that VP does not support n-ary associaons like it should.

I would like some one to help me, guiding me or clarifying this doubt. I would appreciate also that somebody tells me another UML tool that support the entire UML stándar (i dont mind things like code generation, inverse ingeneering and all that, i’m only interested on drawing).

Sorry for my awful english.
Thank you!

Thank you for your message. I’ve forwarded it to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any feedbacks, I’ll comeback to you immediately. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain