Try catch

in a sequence diagram, how do i represent a try-catch block? :?

Thanks for any help with this.

Dear ktalbott,

Thank you for your message. I suggest you can use the Alternative Combined Fragment to model the try-catch block by defining the exception in the guard condition of the Interaction Operand. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Thank you. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find how to do this. Could you please be more specific?

Thanks again!

And can you tell me if there’s a way to set the scale when printing out diagrams? All of my diagrams squish themselves onto one page, making the text very hard to read sometimes. When I print, I export the diagrams as images and save them as .jpeg. However when printing, everything goes on one page, causing headaches to anyone trying to read to diagram and make sense of it.

Thank you!!

Kirsten

Dear Kirsten,

You can adjust the Fit to options (at the top middle of the print preview dialog) to scale your printout. Selecting Fit to Page will scale the whole diagram to fit to the no. of page you have specified (you can click the page icon next to it to adjust the scale). Selecting Fit to Ratio then you can specify the zoom ratio of your printout.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Rain