UML use cases - 1 use cases used by multiple other uses cases

Hi
I am trying to draw a use case diagram for a system but am wondering how to re-use some of the cases without making the diagram too messy and full of includes/extends.

For example, I have 4 use cases called:
Add Region;
Update Region;
Add sub-region;
Update sub-region.

Now, each of these use cases runs the same set of 3 use cases called:
Name regional element;
Select regional elements;
Save regional elements.

How do I go about indicating that these 3 use cases are included by the other 4 without having include arrows all over the digram. I thought of using a sub-system/system boundary but this doesn’t seem right somehow as they are all part of the same system ( a webpage).

Thanks.

Hi Anonymous,

For your case, I suggest using one diagram to show the relationship between Actors and the set of four use cases, and several other diagrams to show the include relationships between the set of 4 use cases and the set of 3 use cases.

For details, please read this page:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/questions_and_answers/2005-12/modeling_complex_use_case_diagram.html

If there are any further questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thanks for the help. I’ll do it this way. I’m just surprised that there’s no way to reuse use-cases in UML. Perhaps there should be a way of “boxing off” a set of use cases that can be included by other controls.
However, I can see how it is made clearer by more diagrams explaiing the individual use cases and their includes.