Unable to duplicate diagram

I have an Activity Diagram that I would like to duplicate and modify. I right-click on the diagram in the Project Browser and select “Duplicate Recursively”; nothing happens. I select all elements in the diagram, select “Copy within Visual Paradigm Professional”, go to a blank diagram, and select “Paste Model Element”; I get “Structured Activity Region ‘unnamed’ cannot be pasted with model element”.

Any ideas?

I just tested the duplicate recursively on activity diagram do able to duplicate the Activity Diagram. May I know what is the version and build number of VP application you using?

And about the copy & paste model, may I know you are referring the “Interruptible Activity Region” or “Structured Activity Node”? (we seems don’t have “Structured Activity Region”…)

The error message is clearly “Structured Activity Region”. I have exported one of the diagrams that demonstrates the issue. To do so:

1. In the Project Browser, right-click and select “Duplicate Recursively”; nothing happens.
  2. Open the diagram, select all elements, select “Copy within Visual Paradigm Professional”, and select “Paste Model Element”; note error message.

X.vpp (652 KB)

Thanks for the sample and let me check. Please be patient.

We are pleased to inform you that the issue regarding unable to duplicate activity diagram has been resolved. We highly recommend updating the software to the latest patch build (20230520ah or later for v17.0, or 20230601 or later for v17.1) to ensure smooth performance. You can find more information about how to update to the latest patch by visiting the following link:

Please ensure that you click on the “Update to latest patch” button on the left-hand side of the dialog immediately after launching the update program to initiate the update process.

Should you require any further assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact us.