Use Fishbone in Sprint Retrospective - Possible or not?

Hi Visual Paradigm,

Scrum process tool fits our needs well, except that we want a bit of customization regarding to sprint retrospective. Our team use to discuss and explore problems during sprint retrospective, and to identify the causes and possibly look for solutions. I see Visual Paradigm supports cause-effect diagram, which is a tool we use often for this purpose. My question is: Can I use cause-effect diagram in work item? Of course I want to put that under the work item instead of having the diagram scattered.

Best regards,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for your post. Yes, you can tailor Scrum Process Canvas by including Cause and Effect Diagram and any other diagram types into a work item as a custom artifact. I’ll take Sprint Retrospective Meeting as example. Please check the steps below:

1. Open the Sprint Retrospective Meeting in Scrum Process Canvas.
  2. Let’s say your team will create and discuss cause and effect under step 2. In step two, click on Custom Artifacts in the Action Artifact section.
  3. In the popup window, click Add and then select Diagram… from the popup menu.
  4. Select Cause and Effect Diagram as type. Click OK.
  5. This creates a Cause and Effect Diagram. You can now edit the diagram.
  6. When finished, go back to the work item through the breadcrumb.
  7. The diagram is placed under Action Artifact. You can open your diagram from there.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like