Version of Hibernate & Spring Datasource Support

Hello,

Which version of hibernate you use on latest ORM.jar?

Do you support using Spring Integration to manage persistent manager instead of doing Persistent manager as Separate singleton, we wanted to use spring datasource to use it.

Hi Grip_In,

Thank you for your post.

It’s 5.1.10

We support generating hibernate.cfg.xml with JDBC/datasource, but not support generating Spring configuration.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

What is the plan to support hibernate 5.4.31.Final. in ORM librarary?

Hi Grip_In,

Thank you for asking. I have forwarded your question to our development team. When there is any feedback, I will post here.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Any updates looks like Hibernate 5.5.0.Final is released already now, what is the latest Hibernate version that VP supports now in 16.3?

Hi Grip_In,

Thank you for your reminder. Your suggestion has been reviewed by our development team. To ensure the stability of the product, changes like the upgrade of Hibernate will only be supported in a new version so that we can have enough time to implement and test. Currently, it is still early to confirm when to support 5.5.0 or any newer version but I can promise that we will revisit this topic when preparing for the new version.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thanks, the reason I am looking for an upgrade is I am looking to use Hibernate Search 6.0 which has some very important upgrade but looks like VP currently uses Hibernate orm 5.x which leads me to belive we can’t use Hibernate Search 6.x. If you can confirm with dev team if they think any problem using HIbernate Search 6.x or else I can wait.

Thank you for looking into this.