Visio Integration

Hi,

The product features suggest that there is Visio integration available for the VP products. I have both VP-UML and also VP-BPVA, modeler edition. But I can’t find any installables for the plugin.

Can someone help me?

Thanks and Regards

Hi mb,

Thanks for your post. In fact, we can integrate to Visio by importing their stencils.

In order to import the stencils, you need to install the VisioSendToVP.msi first (it’s inside the bundled folder inside VP installation directory). Please find more details in http://www.visual-paradigm.com/tutorial/creatingshapesinvisioandimportedtovp.jsp (the system requirement for the integration is in this link as well)

*Just to remind you that this feature is out of maintenance and is going to be removed.

If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

Thanks for the information. It’s a pity this feature is out of maintenance.

What would be really nice is to have Visio integration working the other way around. I have VP products for my modeling, and I find it really useful. But some people I want to collaborates with do not have VP tools, but have Visio. Is it possible to export from VP into a visio-usable format?

Thanks and Regards

Hi mb,

Thanks for your reply. I’m sorry that we cannot export nor save to Visio format due to the proprietary format of Visio.

BTW, are the people collaborate with you only need to view your projects?
If yes, they can choose the Viewer Edition VP products (it’s free of charge). Alternatively, you can generate reports (HTML, PDF or Word) of your projects for them to view.

I hope it would help. If there are any inquires, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong