Visio Shape

I am using the latest Enteprise Version and I have a bug when I double-click on a Visio Shape object I just added. The application crash.
Is that a known issue ?

Thanks in advance
Pat

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your post.

Were you able to repeat this problem? If yes, is there any log file produced?
Could you please send it to me? Finally, may I know what is the version of Visio that you are using? Thank you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards.
Jick

Hi

I am attempting to do a similar thing but actually trying to import visio diagrams from the Visio Version 2000.

Does VP support the ability to import from any version of Visio other than 2003? The copy and paste functionality demonstrated on the ‘How To’ demo:

http://www.visual-paradigm.com/edocs.jsp?url=content/product/vpuml/vpuml5UserGuide/html/VP-UMLUserGuide-DHTMLHelp-10-1.html&resourceType=document&resourceDetail=vpuml5UserGuide&preferedSite=http://content.usa.visual-paradigm.com/resources

explains that you are only able to do this with Visio 2003…Is it possible to import the diagrams in another manner rather than that shown?

I have attempted to do this by copying a visio template eg: Block Diagram.vsd from Visio 2000 and then saved this to directory C:\Program Files\VP Suite 2.2\shapes\default\Common with the extension of .vpt ie Block Diagram.vpt to see if this would work. This didn’t work for me.

Can you please advise if there is another way to import Visio drawings apart from upgrading to Visio 2003.

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

I regret that we only support Visio 2003. You may, however, export your Visio drawing as images and add them into UML diagrams in VP. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jick

[quote=Anonymous]I am using the latest Enteprise Version and I have a bug when I double-click on a Visio Shape object I just added. The application crash.
Is that a known issue ?

Thanks in advance
Pat[/quote]

Hello Pat

I had the same problem with the version 2003 professional. to find out what was going on I disabled everything into Tools/Options. After that the problem disapeared. I begun to reactivate the options, testing the doubleclick action after each option reactivated. right after I reactivate the “Spelling/Checking spelling as you type” the problem happened again. So, if you still have this problem, try disable the checking spelling option.

all the best

Thanks for your time LXAraujo, I will let our engineers know about your findings.