Visual Diff between two files of the same project

Hello,

Suppose I work on a VP-UML project myproject.vpp. I save the project file as myproject-1.vpp, add a method to a class and save the project file under another name, myproject-2.vpp. Is it then somehow possible to use the Visual Diff function to see the changes between the first and the second saved file? I yes, can I invoke this comparison from the command line (something like
some_vpuml_command myproject-1.vpp myproject-2.vpp
)?

If this were possible it would surely help to add custom support for diff’ing VP-UML project files when they’re included in a version control repository together with the source code of the project. (At the moment, I use a Python script I wrote myself to emit textual differences between the XMI files which correspond to two versions of a VPP file. The VPP project is included in the repository like any other file of the software project.)

Stefan

Hello,

Ok, I saw that I can explicitly choose two project files in the Visual Diff tool. The “diff’ing” seems to work as expected.

If I now could open Visual Diff from the command line with the first file in the left pane and the second in the right pane that would be what I meant. Can this be supported in VP-UML?

Stefan