Visual Paradigm 3.4 & Vista Business 64-bit

Hi,

I tried to install VP Suite 3.4 under Vista 64-bit. The normal installer does not work, consequently I tried the no-install package as described in your manual. I replaced the jave virtual machine with the machine that is installed on my computer and which works perfectly with all other java applications.

Yet, it is not possible to start Visual Paradigm. Importing the license still works, but the program does not start after then, not even when selecting administrator rights.

What can I do to make this work?

Thank you very much in advance,

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your post. Could you please tell me how the program does not start after imported the license key? Is there any screenshot for showing your problem?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

unfortunately the program just does nothing - no error or something. There’s just nothing coming. I tried opening by ‘run_vpuml’ (/launcher) as well as ‘VPSuite.exe’ (/bin) - both times the same result.

Yet, when opening the license viewer, I can see that the license was imported correctly.

Thank you for any ideas to make this work …

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry that I forgot you are running 64-bit Windows Vista, you need to change the bundled JRE to 64-bit JRE for running VP. Please refer to the following resources page about how to do this:
http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/tips-inst/50-inst/131-run-on-64bit-machine.html

If there is any further inquiry, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong