Visual Paradigm for UML Freeze when Printing

We just bought VP for UML Standard. It works fine except for printing.

I am encountering the SAME problem David is reporting in VP Visual Architect. I create a diagram, select a setup for printing and the application freezes after pressing the Print button (screen turns gray except for top menu bars and machine hangs). Killing the app and restarting does not fix the problem.

From David’s bug report I gather it is the same problem that is happening with different versions of the the latest VP release.

Btw, OS is Windows XP SP2. VP for UML release is 5.3 (sp1 build sp1_20060802).

Dear Jorge,

Thank you for your post. Can I schedule an online meeting with you to look into this problem? The online meeting will be held over a secure connection. If you can join the meeting, please let me know when you will be available and what time zone are you in.

If you like you can send your reply to my email address at:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best Regards,
Jick Yeung

Dear Jorge,

This problem is fixed. Please run the updater inside $vp-suite-install-folder/bin to advance to the new build which include the fix.

Best regards,
Jick

Jick, the patch is not working. I copy vpplatform.jar to ./lib in the VP install directory, run the app and immediately get a startup error in ClassLoader that says RV not found, so it can’t find some startup class. Am I missing some step?

Hi J,

This problem is fixed. Please run the updater inside $vp-suite-install-folder/bin to advance to the new build which include the fix.

Best Regards,
Jick

Jick,

I have downloaded the latest version ver 5.3 sp1_20060811 and this fixed the printing problem, as it hid the Menubar of the main application not allowing you to do File > Print while in preview mode. This was causing the hang. Thanks for your help.

-Jorge

You are welcome. If there are any questions, please feel free to post again.