Visual Studio 2008

Hi;

Currently we’re evaluating your SDE for Visual Studio product. However we want to clarify some points before buying a license.

1- In Systems Requirements list, it says “Microsoft™ Visual Studio® .NET 2003/2005 (Standard Edition or above)”. Does that mean that SDE does not support Visual Studio 2008?

2- Does “.NET code synchronization” support Net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 versions? Does SDE reverse engineer net libraries that is compiled with Net Framework 3.0 or 3.5?

3- We plan to buy floating license. How does license server internally work? Some of our developers work at their home (license server will be at the office). Can our developers import license via internet? Does your license server work over internet or intranet only?

Hi BlueEyedCat,

Thanks for your interest in our products. Regarding to your questions:

1- In Systems Requirements list, it says “Microsoft™ Visual Studio® .NET 2003/2005 (Standard Edition or above)”. Does that mean that SDE does not support Visual Studio 2008?
Yes, we’re sorry that currently Visual Studio 2008 is not supported, but it will be available not later than September (hopeful on July). I’ll notify you immediately for any news about this issue.

2- Does “.NET code synchronization” support Net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 versions? Does SDE reverse engineer net libraries that is compiled with Net Framework 3.0 or 3.5?
We are sorry that Net Framework 3.0 is not supported for code synchronization, but 3.5 is supported. We will consider to support Net Framework 3.0 and I’ll keep you informed for any news about this.

3- We plan to buy floating license. How does license server internally work? Some of our developers work at their home (license server will be at the office). Can our developers import license via
internet? Does your license server work over internet or intranet only?
Actually, the floating license server is not intended to be used over internet. Also, our floating license server does not support proxy. You can consider to have VPN between your office and the developers’ home, or you can export the floating license key from the license server for off-line access to the product. Details of exporting floating license key can be found at http://resources2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/tips-inst/50-inst/52-floating-license.html

If there are any further inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=LilianWong]Hi BlueEyedCat,

Thanks for your interest in our products. Regarding to your questions:

Yes, we’re sorry that currently Visual Studio 2008 is not supported, but it will be available not later than September (hopeful on July). I’ll notify you immediately for any news about this issue.

We are sorry that Net Framework 3.0 is not supported for code synchronization, but 3.5 is supported. We will consider to support Net Framework 3.0 and I’ll keep you informed for any news about this.

3- We plan to buy floating license. How does license server internally work? Some of our developers work at their home (license server will be at the office). Can our developers import license via
internet? Does your license server work over internet or intranet only?
Actually, the floating license server is not intended to be used over internet. Also, our floating license server does not support proxy. You can consider to have VPN between your office and the developers’ home, or you can export the floating license key from the license server for off-line access to the product. Details of exporting floating license key can be found at http://resources2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/tips-inst/50-inst/52-floating-license.html

If there are any further inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers but isn’t it somewhat weird to support Net Framework 3.5 (and not 3.0) but on the other hand not support VS 2008. One can only write code for Net Framework 3.5 with VS 2008 and you don’t support it! :? On the other hand, you support VS 2005 but you don’t support Net Framework 3.0 which is a major version after 2.0.

Anyways, i’m sorry but you’ve lost our business for this contradiction. I feel sad since i really liked Visual Paradigm approach to UML modeling.

Hi BlueEyedCat,

Thanks for your response. I’m sorry about the fact of not supporting VS 2008 and .NET Framework 3.0, and VS 2008 will be supported soon (hopefully on July but will not later than September).

You may have a try to our product once again when we support VS 2008, and I’ll notify you once it’s available.

If there are any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi BlueEyedCat,

In my previous message, I’ve made a mistake:

Both .NET Framework 3.0 and 3.5 are not supported in code synchronization. We only supported version 3.5 in Instant Reverse. I’m sorry for any misleading I’ve made.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hello Lilian,

Could you please add me to the “to be notified” list when VS2008 support is available?

Thank you.
İ. Ö.

Hi İskender Öksüz,

Thanks for your post. Any news about Visual Studio 2008 will be noticed on this forum topic, you can get it when come back here.

If there are any inquiries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Dear users,

I would like to share with you that VP Suite 3.3 is released and it supports Visual Studio 2008. Details about the new and enhanced features in VP Suite 3.3 can be found at http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/news.jsp

You can download the VP Suite 3.3 installer and request the new evaluation key from the Download site in our website (http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/). I hope you will enjoy the new version software.

If you need any help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong